Sunday, May 23


Pumpkin Again

Following the previous post,
here is another photograph of a pumpkin.

Let me explain how this image came about.

A pumpkin had been purchased with the intention
of making soup. However, in the artist's residence where
I was staying there was a blue plinth. I like plinths.

This residence is in Invercargill, at the bottom of the
South Island of New Zealand and this was a couple of years
ago.

I had placed the grey crown pumpkin on the plinth
because I was enjoying its shape and colour.

However, I had purchased some inflatable toys, ones
that when blown up, projected spikes all over.

One of these toys, in a moment of over exuberance on my
part perhaps, had exploded, and as a result had a tear
along one side.

A couple of friends where there with me at the time,
we were enjoying ourselves. I looked up, only to see Buzz, one of the guests,
wearing the rubber balloon on his head like a helmet and looking hilarious.

As the evening progressed, I found that the helmet had been
transferred to the pumpkin and there it stayed.