Something about the images I used in the previous
two posts brought
this 1995 photo into my thoughts.
At the time I made a few silver gelatin prints
of this image.
I think that I've got one left,
in a drawer here in my studio.
I wish that I had made more, but at the
time I was put off by the amount of 'spotting'
that each print needed. Spotting involves poring
over the print for hours with a fine paint brush and
a bottle of ink touching up imperfections, or spots.
The print is largish, I have an idea that I made the
chicken as close to life-size as possible.
Another reason that I didn't make many prints
was that I predicted that it would not be an easy photo
to sell, not very suitable for the sitting room wall.