Friday, September 24



Whanganui

Next Friday I'm having an opening in Whanganui
at McNamara Gallery Photography.

It's an exhibition of portraits that I have dug out of my files.
Many of them have never been exhibited, and there are others
that I really wanted to show but still have not been able to find.

I applied two rules though. There were to be no portraits included
that were of Erika, and no portraits included that were of Peter.

In a way I am glad that there are others because
that means that there is another portrait show required.
Some of the portraits may only exist in negative form.
I hope so.

When I am in Whanganui I usually stay in this large house which,
in one direction, has this view.
The river is muddy in this photo, but extremely heavy
rain had contributed to this. Notice right in the middle of image there is an historic paddle steamer that has been restored and makes trips up the river, often chartered by private parties.