In Russell, in the Bay of Islands, there was a French
Catholic mission station run by Bishop Pompallier.
Closed down in about 1850 the building has
now been restored.
This building was used as a factory for the printing and
binding of books and pamphlets as well as housing a tannery for the making of
Three stories high, this is a photo of the attic.