Tuesday, March 16






Separate Cities, Same Photo

These two photos are adjacent frames on my camera
although taken on different days in separate cities.

I have included them here because they illustrate a tendency in
my work where I seem to seek out the same patterns regardless
of the subject matter.

The top photo was taken in Auckland at the opening of
the Auckland Triennial, an event largely held outdoors and
organised by Auckland Art Gallery. During the speeches my
attention kept wandering to this view above and behind the stage.
I particularly liked the reverse view of the billboards.

The bottom photo was taken a few days before, in New Plymouth
when I sat down in the shade and watched Central Districts
playing Canterbury cricket, enjoying the sweet sound of willow on leather.
Again my attention wandered, this time focussing on the
scoreboard.