Sunday, September 27

Rocks

About a month ago I was at a birthday party in New Plymouth and all night I couldn't take my eyes off a most unusual fireplace. In three or four places rocks stick straight out. I know that they were intended as ledges but there is something extra about them albeit something a little strange.

Today, at my request, I was invited back to have my second attempt at photographing these rocks.

Sometimes I take a photograph of something to see what it looks like when I photograph it. The image that I took today is an example.

I was going to take it in black and white, but I prefer the subdued colour of this.

There's something going on in the picture. I'm going to live with it for a while. I don't think that I could do better with this subject though. I may be wrong.