Sunday, September 14

Discovery World

On Friday I visited the Otago Museum. I went mainly to see the new tropical butterfly house, however as often happens if one is prepared to focus softly and pay attention to what is happening on the fringes there were other rewards.

Here is one example. I visited what is I think primarily an area for children, it is called Discovery World.

This assemblage is a sort of game in which white billiard sized balls roll down and around various complicated channels some even ending up in the mouth of a snake, like the one visible in the middle of this image . It's a bit like one of those devices where you put a coin in a slot and it rolls around and around and around a mini-mountain and ends up where I can't quite visualise.

If there is any connection between what is happening in my brain and the images that I make then I am more than a little worried!