Monday, April 14


The Obelisk

Yesterday I went up to the top of the Old Man Range, just to the west of Alexandra. Access is via a rough and in places steep road, really only accessible with a 4 wheel drive, not the family Toyota. There are about 5 gates to open.

This is a well known tor called The Obelisk, visible from a very long way away. I've been photographing rocks steadily since I arrived in Central Otago two months ago and this one was on my must see list. Impressive as it is as an object I'm still not sure whether the photo really passes or not. I'll think about it.

Similarly with the one below. There is a clarity to it as well that attracts me, but I'm not sure. It may work, certainly it is a contender for the calendar that I am working on.
Again, I'll live with it for a while and let you know later.