Thursday, October 11




Te Anau, Fiordland
Well it's a miracle. This is the first time that I've managed to write a posting to my blog from an internet cafe. Not so difficult at all. Involves loading a camera card into a reader and transferring onto the blogging software which is held in a remote computer, in my case, I think that it is in San Francisco. I could be wrong about this, it is the USA anyway.
What a special place Te Anau is, hard up against the vast wilderness of Fiordland National Park. I'm here on my own for 3 nights. One slight downside of trips like this for me is that I tend to worry about whether or not I will be able to find any new photographs. The trip costs money and it's always good to find a new image or two that I'll be able to sell.
At 2 o'clock today I'm hiring a water taxi ($20) to take me over to a beach on the other side of the lake, right behind where the helicopter is. Once dropped off there I'll walk around the edge of the lake back to my motel. It should take about 2 and a half hours.