Saturday, October 13

More Aeronauticals

Often internet friends, some of whom I know, some of whom I don't, send me images that they predict I may be interested in. It is one of the pleasures of keeping an online journal.

Above is a snap that Brett McDowell, art dealer in Dunedin, who has taken over Marshall Seifert Gallery, sent to me a couple of weeks ago. It is a delight. I love these models. There are more sophisticated versions that are made that look like dragonflies. They can be flown inside large stadia. I have made some enquiries and it appears that there is a monthly meeting of enthusiasts here in Invercargill. I'm going along.

A year or so ago Brett exhibited the photo of mine below. These are non-flying models at the Museum of Transport and Technology in Auckland.

In this case I'm not sure whether it's the aeroplanes that I am interested in, or their arrangement. Again and again I take photos of subjects that display this pattern. Below is an example that took with my camphone.

School children had been invited to make paper models of birds, as an exercise to go with an exhibition of birds that was on in the main section of the Sarjeant Gallery in Wanganui.