Saturday, March 17


WOMAD

WOMAD is on in New Plymouth this weekend. The population of this city of 50,000 is boosted by perhaps 15,000 visitors so visitors are everywhere and the atmosphere is a lighthearted one. Womad started at 6 pm on Friday and finishes on Sunday night.

I bought a 3 day ticket several months ago and put it away in a very safe place. Problem is that it's in such a safe place I can't find it! I've been searching for about a month now. Tried every technique known to mankind, apart from praying to St Anthony who is, I believe, the patron saint of lost WOMAD tickets.

But as I write this tonight, I feel for those visitors because there is cold, hard rain and it's dark. Brooklands Bowl is nearby.

The photo of the ducks etc, I took in the Bowl, the day after the last WOMAD finished.

P.S. Sunday morning.
Met a friend at the Farmers Market this morning. He'd danced in the rain at WOMAD last night until 3 a.m. so that's good news. Meanwhile the rain continues. Forecast is for clearing weather later today.