Sunday, December 24

The internet and art galleries
Often over the last few years in art galleries we have seen video works on display. Until the advent of sites such as YouTube and Googlevideo on the internet, apart from art galleries, there weren't many venues to display any videos that were not completely mainstream. Television stations rarely allowed room in their programming.

Now however, everything has quite suddenly changed. Now we have the internet providing venues for all sorts of video material, some taken by camphones.

Here is a cheery Japanese example, which while it is of rather low resolution, does remind me of works that have been showing in art galleries for some time. I don't know any background to who did this work, except that I'm fairly sure that I saw an earlier version some months ago. I enjoy its lighthearted approach, a sort of fun day at the office.