Sunday, December 17

A Puzzle

At a party on Friday night a friend showed me this rabbit that came with this spiral. The idea is to place the rabbit alongside the spiral, stare into the spiral for about 30 seconds and then look back at the rabbit. For some strange reason the rabbit seems to grow in size. What the brain is doing I don't know.
Apart from that I'm always a sucker for photographing rabbits. When I was young I used to shoot them with a rifle, sometimes for fun, sometimes for ecological reasons, and sometimes for food. As I get older I don't seem to enjoy killing so much, but I still love firearms although unfortunately I don't get access to them very often. Like many rural New Zealanders of that time, my father had quite an armoury, and was, upon reflection, remarkably relaxed about me having access to it. We also had compulsory military drill at school in which we were taught how look after rifles (and Bren guns) and were given the opportunity to shoot at targets. It's extraordinary now to think of schools having firing ranges.